Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
The Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP), formerly the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program, is an economic immigration program that nominates people for permanent residence in Alberta. Nominees must have skills to fill job shortages or be planning to buy or start a business in Alberta. They must also be able to provide for their families. The program is run by the governments of Alberta and Canada.
If you are nominated through the program, you may apply for permanent residence status together with your spouse or common-law partner, and dependent children.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada manages applications for permanent residence. The federal government also makes final decisions on these applications.
Choose a stream to find out how to get nominated:
Streams for workers
The AAIP has 3 streams for foreign workers who are living and working in Alberta, or plan to live and work here:
- Alberta Opportunity StreamQualified candidates who live and work in Alberta and have a job offer from an Alberta employer can apply for an AAIP nomination.
- Alberta Express Entry StreamQualified candidates with an Express Entry profile may be invited by AAIP to apply for nomination for permanent residence. Tech workers can qualify for expedited processing under the Accelerated Tech Pathway.
- Rural Renewal StreamQualified candidates who have a job offer from an Alberta employer to work in a designated rural Alberta community can apply for an AAIP nomination.
Streams for entrepreneurs
The AAIP has 4 streams for entrepreneurs who plan to live in Alberta and buy or start a business in the province:
- Rural Entrepreneur StreamEntrepreneurs who want to start a business or buy an existing business in a rural Alberta community can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI).
- Graduate Entrepreneur StreamInternational graduates of approved Alberta post-secondary institutions who want to start a business or buy an existing business can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI).
- Farm StreamExperienced farmers who plan to buy or start a farm in Alberta can apply for permanent residence.
- Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur StreamForeign graduates from outside of Canada can apply for permanent residence.